Yes, it is. I've been there yesterday. There was only Lute Society stand, Mimmo Peruffo's and one lute maker (David van Edwards pupil) displaying student lutes. It would be a good opportunity to try Mimmo's loaded gut basses except there was a terrible constant noise of the bagpipes being played (or rather tried). So, to finish the day in a more possitive way I bought "Lutes, viols & temperaments" by Mark Lindley at Brian Jordan's stall, just to read on my way home that really the best thing to do for us is to tune our lutes equal........Oh, my poor meantone tuned lutes, what would they say if they could. Anyway I had an impression that we (the lute world) are a little bit like our instruments - gentle and quiet.
Shouldn't we be seen and heard a little bit more on such occasions?

Jaroslaw

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Tayler" <vidan...@sbcglobal.net>
To: "lute-cs.dartmouth.edu" <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Saturday, November 14, 2009 5:05 AM
Subject: [LUTE] Re: Greenwich festival

It's a shame considering they invented Greenwich Meantone.

dt
At 10:38 AM 11/12/2009, you wrote:
There's usually several lute luthiers exhibiting - and the Lute
Society have a stand. The year before last Jacob Heringman gave a
great recital - solo and duet with recorder. A lute masterclass would
be good idea - perhaps someone influential could make some
suggestions to the organisers...

Andrew