Jaroslaw,

    It was the same at the Boston Early Music Festival Exposition.  The Lute
Society of America had a stand with info and some recordings.  There were lots
of other instruments to see and try: viols, recorders, harpsichords, etc.
Lute-wise, all I could find was a single very, very bad student renaissance
lute.  I also saw Andrew Rutherford at BEMF, but he wasn't displaying
instruments.  On the other hand, there were at least two lautenwerks on
display...

Chris