From: "Monica Hall" <mjlh...@tiscali.co.uk>

I can't believe this - it is all nonsense. There is a difference between sacred songs which may be dance like and intended to be performed in a domestic setting and music to be performed in a liturgical context.

The problem with so many performers today is that they know little about religion and care even less about it. This is the paradox with the "Early Music Movement" .I guess that very few of you actually believe what you are singing about or know anything about the context in which the music was intended to be performed - or what it stands for.

I totally agree with you, Monica.

but...

What you think about the "Cantabo Domino" by Paolo Quagliati, (printed in Fabio Costantini, Scelta di mottetti [...] libro secondo, Roma, Robletti 1618) where we have 2 pentagrams for the "chitarra"?

Diego

database 4697 (20091217) __________

http://www.eset.com