No - I didn't get the message either.
Actually (as it was mentioned here) that kind of exaggerated performance kept me away from piano performances for a long time. EKs performance comes to me as if he would "show off" - something not natural to most lute music. But - I feel just like Arto: It's my personal taste and nobody needs to feel the same.

Not to get it wrong: I think every musician feels his music and expresses this with motions and expressions (although "commenting" your own playing with face expressions is mostly considered unprofessional). I just don't feel it comes naturally (actually exaggeration is often stylistical feature of a parody)

No argument against the hipness of anything. I still must stress that there
was no moral/intellectual/religious/etc. critics to K's video! Just that it
did not please me, I did not like the show, it was - just to me - a
performance that did not work. I did not get the possible musical message.
I am happy you got it! And I suppose so did the majority?

Arto