On Dec 5, 2010, at 12:35 PM, Roman Turovsky wrote:

> The video in question was not made for any audience

It must have been made for someone to see.  This was a professional shoot (with
three cameras?), and EK could scarcely have been unaware of the closeup camera.

That said, his gestures do seem to be part and parcel of his performing style,
which is full of big, impulsive gestures.  Reminds me a bit of watching Jim
Carrey in his more manic roles.  In the lute world, where gestures are normally
small, I can see where it can inspire great enthusiasm in some auditors, and
great annoyance in others.  I suppose I'm somewhere in the middle, I suppose.