Howard, you of all people should know that ignorance of the law is no excuse!
But I did exaggerate. 6th course unison on a Baroque lute is only an equipment
violation. Officer Ed Martin of the LSAPD pulled me over a few years and issued
me a fix-it ticket.  I have never gotten a speeding ticket except on the
Renaissance lute, where I've been known to put the pedal to the medal
occasionally. Don't even mention PUI violations!

It's obvious that Jakob was deliberately skirting the letter of the law &
subverting the mores of polite society by having a glamorous & famous female
"Octave Incubater" in his employ, a dubious practice most often connected to
the decadent European elite.

Or he is just an incredibly dedicated & resourceful musician. What do I know?

Dan