  From: Monica Hall <mjlh...@tiscali.co.uk>
  To: Lex van Sante <lvansa...@gmail.com>
  Cc: Lutelist <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
  Sent: Monday, 21 November 2011, 14:01
  Subject: [LUTE] Re: Buzzing [was "Gut strings"]
  I wonder " It is focused around the high octave string on the fourth
  course
  and the same note stopped at the 3rd fret on the second course."
  How on earth do you produce the same note on the third fret on the
  second
  course. You mean fret 15 don't you?
  No!  Obviously you know nothing about the baroque guitar!  The fourth
  course has two strings on it tuned an octave apart i.e. d on the middle
  line
  of the bass clef and the d below the lowest line of  treble = d  d'.
  The
  second course is b below middle c.  When stopped at the 3rd fret it
  produces the note d' = the same as the high string on the fourth
  course...
  Thanks for the rest of your advice which I shall follow.
  Monica
  Temperature or humidity related buzzing could be caused by a loose
  brace.
  Changes in humidity can cause the soundboard to deform slightly causing
  brace which has become partially detached from it to rattle. But check
  all
  possible exterior causes first. Otherwise one might find nothing wrong
  after
  opening an onstrument. Anyway if everything is all right at the moment
  now
  is the time to make an appointment for july next year with your luthier
  of
  choice. In the mean time, Happy luting! Lex
  Op 20 nov 2011, om 16:07 heeft Monica Hall het volgende geschreven: