Herbert,

You could try thicker fret gut. With very thin frets it is harder to get a buzz
free sound.
There has to be an angle of the string over the fret. The fret has to act as a
stop (or nut).
Also it is good to try to place your fingers next to the fret (to increase the
angle of the string as far as possible).
To get the best out of your applied finger pressure put your fingers down at as
right an angle as possible.
You will find that on a well set up lute, applying an efficient r.h. technique,
buzz free playing is very well possible with a minimum of effort.

Happy luting,

Lex

Op 10 sep 2012, om 17:25 heeft Herbert Ward het volgende geschreven: