Thanks Dan.
'The Lute in its historical reality' will be soon update; in fact, there are
some new things:

1) a few time ago I was able to do a few  experimental lute 1st string starting
from a lamb- whole gut (see what wrotten Attyanasius Kirker, Rome 1650) . The
sampleswere even on the whole  length (not conical or tapered, I mean: see
Capirola) ; the breacking point was around 36 Kg/mm2; the gauges, -after a
slight hand-polishing was between-  .39- .42 mm. The sound? Marvelous (isn't
interesting?).

2) Vihuela unissons/octaves: I have to re-write some points because they were
not well explained. Yes, I still think that the Vihuela 5th, 6th bases were
with octaves, not in usissons.

3) 17 th c. lute basses (loaded): I have a few more historical informations to
add to the section.

4) This is the most important update: at today, there are much more historical
evidences concerning the use of wound strings on German d -minor lutes of 11 &
13 courses. The first is of 1716 (Thanks to Andreas Schleger researching).
There are others: one of 1730's; one of 1740's; two of 1760's; one of 1790's.
Unfortunately is not weritten if the wound strings were done on gut or silk
cores.

Take care
Mimmo