Mimmo,
You are a Lute Saint! And not least for the strings, but ESPECIALLY your wonderful work, "The Lute in its Historical Reality", all about the evolution of the strings; including what we know, what we don't know, and why we even know (and not know!). In a way, perhaps it's the strings that are of 1st importance, all a lute (or any instrument) is; is an amplifier for the sound, and a framework for the player & his hands. ;-)

Thanks for all your great work! (And considerable investment) -but please don't ever stop...

Dan