Dear Lex,
   Well...., are you referring to the  report that said C couldn't play
   because he'd broken a nail?
   This might, of course, easily as well refer to a left hand nail which
   was broken (torn) down to the quick (ouch!) thus making playing
   impossible (too, too painful) or, indeed, the same thing on the right
   hand.
   Or is there some other report of which I'm unaware?
   regards

   On Thursday, 9 May 2019, 13:53:01 BST, Lex Eisenhardt