I also just realised, that I never actually wanted to do compression
or de-compression in the first place!

The command I originally proposed is:

tar --ignore-failed-read -C $SRC -cpf - . | tar --ignore-failed-read
-C $DEST -xpvf -

which as far as I can tell, has no compression in it, no?

Cheers
-- 
Aryan

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 9:39 AM, Jason White <[email protected]> wrote:
> Aryan Ameri <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I am looking for something that's reliable, that can handle read
>> errors without exiting, that can continue the operation where it was
>> left off if it was interrupted, that can preserve all metadata and
>> symlinks. What's the right tool to use for this?
>
> Rsync can do most of the above.
>
> _______________________________________________
> luv-main mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.luv.asn.au/listinfo/luv-main
_______________________________________________
luv-main mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.luv.asn.au/listinfo/luv-main

Reply via email to