On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 04:24:18PM +1100, Rohan McLeod wrote:
> Jason White wrote:
> > Aryan Ameri <[email protected]> wrote:
> >   
> >> Thanks to everyone for their very helpful ............snip
> > USB 2 is notoriously slow in this scenario. For details, look up Sarah
> > Sharp's talk at LCA several years ago on USB 3, which solves the problems. 
> > As
> > I recall, it isn't the actual data transfer rate that causes the poor
> > performance, but I can't remember the details now.
> Apologies for digression;
> all I could find of Sarah's talk were some presentation slides  ;
> which didn't seem very informative...........not with-standing ;
> Wikipedia quotes maximum data transfer rates:
>   for  USB 2.0 at 480 Mb/s  and USB 3.0 at 5Gb/s;
> is the above to be read as stating that;
>   actually one can expect USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 ratio > (5Gb/s  / 480Mb/s) 
> = 10  ?
>                                                 regards Rohan McLeod

Continuing the digression, you can find Sarah Sharp's talk here:
http://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/linux.conf.au/2010/friday/50230.ogv

Stoo

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

_______________________________________________
luv-main mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.luv.asn.au/listinfo/luv-main

Reply via email to