Kevin> Hi.  There I was wondering if you are still interested in using
Kevin> Aspell (http://metalab.unc.edu/kevina/aspell) as the new LyX
Kevin> 1.1 spell checker.  I would be willing to help you out if you
Kevin> would point me in the right direction.

It could be nice as long as it is optional (IMO). I guess we should
have a generic spellchecker interface that is plugged at compile time
to either ispell, aspell (library version, I guess) or KSpell (for
klyx). However, I think we have to keep the support for plain old
ispell.

Kevin> The reason I ask is because I would like Aspell to incorporated
Kevin> in at least one large project before I am conferrable with
Kevin> realizing it to version 1.0.

Kevin> The interface is still is a current state of flux however it
Kevin> should stabilize soon.

Good.

Kevin> Early feed back on what sort of things you are looking for
Kevin> would be more than appreciated.

I don't really know. Maybe Asger has more ideas. There were some nifty
ideas later a bout a new user interface, but I do not know what
happened to it.

Kevin> PS: Could some one subscribe me to this list.  I can't find any
Kevin> subscription information on your web page.

I think it is better that you do it yourself:
http://www.lyx.org/mailing.html