"Lars Gullik Bjønnes" wrote:

>   >> Kevin Atkinson writes:
>   KA> 1) Have a diffrent "ignore all" word list for each document so
>   KA> that you won't keep aving to press ignore for special words you
>   KA> are not willing to insert into you personal dictiionares.
>
> This is planned, and is also fairly easy to do for ispell.

Ok.  But how do you manage multiple documents.  Do you have a seperate
ispell process for each open document or do you load and unload the word
list before spell checking a specific document.    Unloading and loading
will work fine if you don't plan to do spell checking while you type.
If you plan to do spell checking wiile you type you would almost
certanly need a seperate process for each open document.  Well I guess
you could load and unload the word list each time you change documents.
But them how will you handle having multiple docvuments visable at once.

Aspell avoids this problem by having detachable dictionaries.  Thus you
can have multiple Aspell classes which share the main word list.  Each
of these Aspell classes can also have a separate "ignore all"
dictionary.  In fact with aspell you can have as many dictionaries as
you like.  All of them being completely detachable.

>   KA> So basically in order to support Aspell in the fullest your
>   KA> current spell checker code will require a major rewrite.
>
> Yes, and this is planned.
> (help is good)

I will write up a propersal of how I think this should be done to
support Aspell to its fullest and also worrk with Ispell for those who
don't which to use Aspell in a few days.
--
Kevin Atkinson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]