> 2. if this is going to be implemented, do so also under X11.

What do you mean by 2? Pasting the clipboard if the selection is empty?
That would destroy the simple selection model. Enrico's argument was that
this model does not apply to windows. Although I don't agree I could live
with that, but on X11 pasting the clipboard is clearly wrong.

Then it is wrong, it should not be implemented under windows for
consistency reasons. 'The model does not apply to windows' is not
completely correct since we are emulating selection under windows.

Bo