Michael Gerz wrote:
A little warning to all pdflatex users (at least to those using the latest MikTeX 2.5):

     pdflatex prefers PNG files over PDF files!!!!

Since LyX outputs graphics file names without file extension _and_ generates PNG files for internal use, pdflatex erroneously picks the PNG graphics. Depending on the type of graphics, the result can be very poor!

By accident, I ran into this problem on Thursday. Right now, I am looking for a solution to overcome the problem. I read something about \DeclareGraphicsExtension that may help... hopefully.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated!

When exporting to LaTeX, generate/copy pdf graphics files in the temp directory as now but give them a different name to the image files that LyX uses for display purposes.

Angus