Uwe Stöhr wrote:
Mostafa Vahedi schrieb:

It doesn't seem to be a bug.
 > Because when some words in ARABIC are written inside a LATIN paragraph
 > the command "\R{arabic phrase}" is used to indicate that. The command
 > "\R{arabic phrase}" is supposed to change the language to ARABIC too.

It is a bug because the command \R is only defined when the document uses also Hebrew. So instead of \R the command \AR has to be used.

regards Uwe

Uwe, what are you basing this claim on? And how do you know that it doesn't really work? The example file certainly won't work, because it's not in real arabic (attachment 1308)...

I'm trying this out right now (with real arabic), and my main problem ATM is with loading the appropriate fonts. Also, the line "\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}" in the generated latex file seems a little suspect to me, but I'm not sure. Anyhow, I'm working on getting arabic latex set up here now, and I'll try this out. I'll let you know what's doing.

Do you know of anyone who used to be able to use arabic in LyX, but can't anymore?

Dov