Uwe Stöhr wrote:
Bo Peng schrieb:

What is the reason to keep a special stdtoolbars.inc? I think we agreed
on not deviating from a standard LyX distribution.

I asked about this special topic several times: The Update PDF button doesn't work on Windows due to our view PDF scripts that are needed because popular viewers like Adobe Reader preserves write permissions on PDF's that are shown. I also proposed a solution but this requires too much work and is only something for Lyx 1.6.0.

The update button works in the official installer (view creates a new window, update reloads all windows). If you use the same PDF viewing method, there will be no problems.

Joost