Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
"Dov" == Dov Feldstern <dfeldstern-rhxOsnTko2JWk0Htik3J/[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
writes:

Dov> Do you know why this whole font-change mechanism was originally
Dov> added?
Consider a footnote with several paragraphs and assume it is typeset
in \emph like this:

\emph{Some text\footnote{and and explanation

on several paragraphs}}

This will cause a LaTeX error because the \emph macro will not be
terminated at the end of the first paragraph. This is the reason why
noFontChange was introduced.

Hmm, yes I see. However, I think that for languages the behavior is different, and it won't close at the end of the paragraph. That's what was confusing me --- I saw the comments explaining what would happen without the noFontChange, but didn't see the problem actually happen, because I'm testing it with the languages...

So, I'll try to fix this by ignoring noFontChange for languages, but leaving it in for everything else.

However, Georg is right: this *does* constitute a format change, and I don't see that I'll be able to fix this, and provide a lyx2lyx fix, within the next day or two; and I certainly don't feel that I know this well enough to commit it just before a final release... But, it would also be a real shame to wait with this fix until 1.6....

Also, I looked at bug 3613 again, and now that I have a better understanding of what's going on, I see that the problem there is similar, but not exactly the same. The thing is that some fix was made at some point, but without an accompanying lyx2lyx. So Fixing that will also require a lyx2lyx fix.

What to do...? Is it worth even trying to work on these before 1.5.0, or should I just forget it... :( ? Note that in the case of 3613, the damage is already done, and currently files such as the example there (actually, available at http://www.lyx.org/trac/browser/lyx-devel/trunk/lib/doc/he/Intro.lyx?rev=17343) are broken in 1.5.0....

Dov