Martin Vermeer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> This is a very good point, but unrelated to the bold issue. The people
>> who push for font as an inset should put their code where their mouth is
>> and make the interface usable (José?). For example we could have a
>> charstyle-toggle lfun that is like charstyle-insert except that, when
>> one tries to insert a charstyle in itself, it dissolves instead. I am
>> not sure it will be enough to make the thing work well, but it is a
>> major problem with the font change as inset idea.
>
> Only, sometimes you wish to have a charstyle inset inside a charstyle
> inset. So, should it test for being _the same_ charstyle type?

This is what I had in mind indeed. The situation is the same in math
where people complained that changing color from blue to red inserted
a box inside the box and that removing the color was difficult.

> We have already a 'dissolve inset' menu entry. Inset _is_ a different
> paradigm from font attribute. What's wrong with just learning it, just
> like people learn not to do line spacing with the enter key.

I think the command flow, even when one is really used to it, is not
as good as with the toggle-font idiom. I am not sure that what I
proposed make sense, but I think we shall do something.