> I do not really understand why you need to create several unknown
> layouts. Each textclass should have its own.

Currently, I extend a standard textclass such as article when it is
applied to another document. This extended layout list is then
available when a standard article is created. The problem here is that
I do not track which document these 'unknown' layouts belongs to.

> Alos, now that I have re-read your message, I do not think that
> hasLayout() should be removed. Some parts of the code need to be aware
> of which layouts are there.

hasLayout is only conceptually removed. Actually implementation may vary.

Bo