Vincent van Ravesteijn - TNW wrote:
About the new selection painting with your patch: I realize now that
we are back to 1.5 style. The goal in the previous painting was to be
able to differentiate betwen row break and new paragraph within a
selection.

Anyone thinks this has potential (see attachment) ?

I do :-)

Or has other ideas about painting the selection, especially with respect
to end of paragraphs and other margins ?

We also need to fix the selection painting within Inset. In your example, the inset should have a blue background, regardless off end of paragraph. That's also to be fixed for mathed. I mean, if you're looking for something else to fix ;-)

Abdel.