> > Anyone thinks this has potential (see attachment) ?
> >

> I do :-)

In that case, I added an extra boolean to the Row class saying whether
there is an end of paragraph end or a normal end of line. Now, we can
experiment with different kinds of painting. Maybe the Apple HIG says
something about it ;-)....

> We also need to fix the selection painting within Inset. In
> your example, the inset should have a blue background, regardless
> off end of paragraph. That's also to be fixed for mathed.

We really need transparent colors then. Then compute a selection color
for each Inset based on their background color and the selection color.

> I mean, if you're looking for something else to fix ;-)

I don't want to sound rude, but I will probably not soon be 'looking'
for something to fix... ;-)

> Abdel.

Vincent

PS. Do you know that at every mouse click, how innocent it might be,
there is a full metrics update ? If yes, can you tell me why this is. It
looks a bit a waste of CPU cycles... (i.e. all checksums we are
calculating disappear).