>>> We also need to fix the selection painting within Inset. In your
>>> example, the inset should have a blue background, regardless off end

>>> of paragraph. That's also to be fixed for mathed.
>>>

>> We really need transparent colors then. Then compute a selection
color
>> for each Inset based on their background color and the selection
color.

> That could be difficult. I'd say it's OK if we loose the initial
> background color... at least for now...

Or just one color, different from the main selection color, for all
selected insets, then the screen doesn't look intimidating blue.

>>> I mean, if you're looking for something else to fix ;-)
>>>

>> I don't want to sound rude, but I will probably not soon be 'looking'
>> for something to fix... ;-)
>>

>Hum, not sure I understand...

I mean, while using LyX for the last three years or so, I wrote down
things that I would like to fix, and the list is still growing :( ..

>> PS. Do you know that at every mouse click, how innocent it might be,
>> there is a full metrics update ? If yes, can you tell me why this is.

>> It looks a bit a waste of CPU cycles... (i.e. all checksums we are
>> calculating disappear).
>>
>Should not be. I made sure that was not the case a number of times.
>Maybe not true anymore... and I of course agree with you here.

I lost track in figuring out where exactly the update is set.

Vincent