>>> We really need transparent colors then. Then compute a selection
>>> color for each Inset based on their background color and the
>>> selection color.
>> That could be difficult. I'd say it's OK if we loose the initial
>> background color... at least for now...
>
>There was a time where insets could have a backgroundColor() property,
>which could be 'none', in which case they would inherit the parent's
>color. It did >not fit someone's vision of parent insets, so it got
>nuked.

Well, that's a pity. Look at Captions, Ragged-Line-Breaks,
LyxMenuSeparators (in the User's guide). They are all painted crappy
(when moving your mouse around them), because they have no color
specified and they do not inherit their parent's color. This means that
the area cannot be cleared prior to redrawing the Inset.

So I couldn't find a simple way to fix the painting, other than assuming
that their background is the same as the main buffer's background (which
is not always the case of course).

Suggestions ?

> JMarc

Vincent