> Everything is explained in src/insets/InsetInfo.h,

So it is well hidden ;-)

Why is there no GUI? I mean the users will see this inset in the documentation files and ask how to use it and what it is for. So InstInfo should at least be described in the

>  1. input the type and argument of this inset, e.g. "menu paste", in
>     the work area.
>  2. select the text and run "info-insert" (e.g. press C-S-I).

I played a bit with this and appreciate that InsetInfo updates changed menu names automatically, so that I don't have to update them for new LyX releases. But to use it for the docs I miss the possibility to customize InsetInfo's output. In the docs, menu names and shortcuts are in sans serif, icons have a uniform size of 80%. So I need a way to specify the output of the different InsetInfo types for the current document.

For LyX 1.6.0 switching to InsetInfo is too time consuming, I'll try to use it for one of the next releases.

regards Uwe