Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> Everything is explained in src/insets/InsetInfo.h,

So it is well hidden ;-)

Why is there no GUI? I mean the users will see this inset in the documentation files and ask how to use it and what it is for.

It's not really meant for ordinary users, I don't think. It gives you internal information about LyX itself. So it's more for you. ;-)

So InsetInfo should at least be described in the

>  1. input the type and argument of this inset, e.g. "menu paste", in
>     the work area.
>  2. select the text and run "info-insert" (e.g. press C-S-I).

I played a bit with this and appreciate that InsetInfo updates changed menu names automatically, so that I don't have to update them for new LyX releases. But to use it for the docs I miss the possibility to customize InsetInfo's output. In the docs, menu names and shortcuts are in sans serif, icons have a uniform size of 80%. So I need a way to specify the output of the different InsetInfo types for the current document.

Can't you put an InsetInfo into a character style of the appropriate type?

rh