On 24/09/2008 20:08, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
rgheck schrieb:

Well, if you're going to leave InsetInfo until after 1.6, we can do this together. You can tell me what character styles you want, and I'll produce definitions of them that you can use.

This wouldn't help. What we need is a way to define your own character styles. That means that the users can define its own character styles and change their definitions via a dialog (similar to branches). Currently the user has to fiddle around with a text editor and the layout files. He furthermore has to read the Customization manual carefully to understand how the layout files are modified. This is not user friendly and error prone, so I doubt that users will use character styles.

There is a difference between _using_ character styles and _creating_ character style. Using already defined character style (ex: urls) is already possible and easy.

Abdel.