Vincent van Ravesteijn - TNW wrote:
> - to implement the features incrementally, because I'm afraid that if I
> propose one large patch sometime, that we will end up in a never-ending
> discussion. I think the feature is separable into small chunks, which we
> can discuss individually.
>
> - not to come up with 'my new proposal', but to extend the ideas upon
> which there was some agreement and to clearly present the aspects about
> which there was disagreement. Then we can take decisions on these
> aspects one at a time.
>
> The first thing I'm planning to propose is the registration of files.
> That is I want to implement a member of Buffer that keeps track of all
> external files that are used by the buffer. This will be largely based
> on your EmbeddedFiles class. The difference will be, that I postpone the
> decision on embedding and that all files should be registered.
>
> If we have such a list we can easily implement "Export to directory..",
> which is step 1 of the embedding/bundling feature (IMHO).
>
> > Bo
>
> I'd be happy to get feedback from you (and other experts on this issue),

its very good somebody detached from the past flames works on this and i hope
we won't lose next developer :) it would be indeed better to dissect the feature
into smaller chunks so the focus stay unchanged, but i'm not sure there was
ever any agreement on use cases, which would be imho the first thing.

good luck.
pavel