Hi, Günter,

> I am impressed on the speed ELyXer developed and hope for an inclusion
> into LyX (at least as a "recognize and add to converters" configure
> option).

Keep in mind that my holidays are over; progress with eLyXer will
certainly be slower in the future, although I will try to support the
tool as best I can. (It is in my interest too as a LyX user, so at
least I have an incentive to keep it alive.)

> But I believe for a better long-time integration, ELyXer should
> definitely use the lyx2lyx parsing scripts, so that it automatically
> keeps up with file format changes.

I have expressed my opinion before. It seems too hard to do, at least
for me, and also it will break the standalone nature of eLyXer. But if
you all think that LyX integration requires it, then I will do my best
to make it work.

Perhaps a good compromise for everyone would be to use lyx2lyx if
present, and otherwise use the native converters. It remains to see if
it is viable at all.

Thanks,

Alex.