Am 16.06.2011 19:41, schrieb Marcus Kriele:

> The following issues still persist:
>
> 2) "Short title" for optional arguments does not work. This is intentional in
order to guarantee
> backward compatibility.

I don't understand. If the current classes support this, we must support it too. Older versions don't use optional arguments and are therefore still compilable.

> One can use ERT instead of "Short title". (By the way, wouldn't it be
> advisable to change the GUI? For a new user it would be hard to guess the
general meaning of
> "Short title".)

The problem is that it is in LaTeX's sense an optional argument, but the average user don't care about the LateX internals. In most cases, they use it as short title. Personally, I think that our users will understand when we explain in the UserGuide that in case of a section an option argument means short title. Short titles are only one usage while we have about 100 others in our layout files.

> 3) Numbering of theorems within LyX does not work. I tried to copy the
implementation of the
> theorem-sec.module but LyX does not pick up the correct \thetheorem value.

You need to define a counter. I'll have a look.

> 4) Book authors may need the LaTeX commands \sidecaption and \sidecaption[t]
for the correct
> placement of figure captions. tex2lyx does not know \sidecaption[t].

Why do we need tex2lyx here?
In general using sidecap with LyX is possible and I described this in sec. 3.10 "Caption Placement" of the EmbeddedObjects manual.

---

The class svjour is obsolete. The current version is svjour3. I therefore
declared it obsolete in
http://www.lyx.org/trac/changeset/39115
OK?

regards Uwe