Am 19.06.2011 00:24, schrieb Marcus Kriele:

- Definitions like "LeftMargin "TOC title:xxx"" are problematic. The strings
will be translatd.
Assume that for "TOC" there is e.g. no corresponding abbreviation in German and
it will therefore
be translated to "Inhaltsverzeichnis" which is much longer.

Thanks for pointing this out. I completely ignored localization. If you have a
better naming idea,
could you please change the files accordingly?

I already changes it to dynamic margins.

- for titlerunning and authorrunning the InTitle flag was missing. This is
necessary that LyX
don't end the title when these commands are inserted
Thanks. I did not notice this issue.

Without this change, our template file svjour3.lyx is not compilable.

- svcommons contained Style Sol and Style Solution_(theorem-like). From its
definition both lead
to the same LaTeX/PDF output. So we only need one of them. The same was for
Style Problem. I
therefore removed the doubled Styles.
Springer is very inconsistent with its classes and they managed to use
different names for identical
environments in different classes.

You misunderstood me. You used different names for the environment, but the LaTeX code was exactly the same. So it was confusing to have 2 different environments for solutions, while they looked exactly the same in the PDF output (because both used the "sol" environment.

I committed my changes to SVN trunk:
http://www.lyx.org/trac/changeset/39126
and also adapted the svjour3.lyx template file according to the latest version
of the official
svjour3 example LaTeX-file. Please test.
Sorry, I am not a developer and do not know how SVN & changesets work. Could
you send me the files
via email?

You can download all files directly from our SVN: Just click on the linked
files in my commit:
http://www.lyx.org/trac/changeset/39126
and then download them. You can alternatively always download the lastest file version from SVN. An example:
http://www.lyx.org/trac/browser/lyx-devel/trunk/lib/layouts/svglobal3.layout

I did not yet have a look at svmono and svmult. I will do this the next days.
Please see the *testfile*.lyx files that I had uploaded to the bug report 7301

I'll have a look.

Our template files for these classes are of course still compilable after my
changes but I guess
they need to be adapted for the latest versions of the official LaTeX example
files. Do you want
to do this?
Perhaps my test files could serve as template files. The advantage would be
that they use all features.

Our rule is more or less to provide the official TeX example/template file of the document class/LaTeX-package as a LyX file. So if the TeX template does for example not contain theorems, we also don't. We had strange cases where classes defined some environments, but authors weren't allowed to use them in submissions because these environments were there only for compatibility reasons or to be used only by the journal editors. However, we prepare our layout files for all allowed environments (also those which are for editors only).

regards Uwe