On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 11:46:14PM +0200, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> Am 20.10.2015 um 04:39 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:
>
> >I CC'ed you on the following emails (it hides that I CC'ed you but if
> >you search for the message in your email client it should show it):
>
> Hm, now I see them. There were automatically moved into the spam folder
> where also all the commit report mails are placed. This is strange but it is
> then no wonder that I overlooked them. (I cannot not follow all commits.)

I see. How can we solve this problem in the future?

> >And you responded to one here:
> >https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=mid&q=55872177.2040708%40web.de
>
> This was months ago and the stress is still the same.

Do you have a TODO list manager? I would drown without one. I would
normally recommend Taskwarrior:
http://taskwarrior.org/
but you don't like the command line, so look for alternatives.

> The point is that every new rule increases the barrier to attract new
> developer and to hold developers active. In my case I knew I would have
> maximal 2 days not knowing when I will be able to LyX again. And I of course
> knew that the first LyX 2.2 cannot be far away and then a fileformat change
> for simple things like layout changes are then no longer possible. So
> sometimes just putting things in is sensible. (I know Georg hates me for
> statements like that.) However, now I have the situation I feared but my
> feature is in and there is time to fix possible issues in the alpha/beta
> cycle. I don't see the big problems despite that I stole your time with the
> tex2lyx test issue.

Although I disagree with this approach, I do understand a bit more so
thanks for explaining.

> I know that I am very controversial and that I sometimes just can't resist.
> The good point is that It made so much fun that I wanted to re-join the
> development despite I know that it will be a hard task with the real-life
> stress.

Fun is important!

Scott