Le 22/10/2015 21:03, Georg Baum a écrit :
Le 20/10/2015 23:46, Uwe Stöhr a écrit :
Georg, attached are 2 documents, one created with LyX 2.1. where I used
the paragraph settings to center, one created with LyX 2.2. You see the
difference: The Paragraph-alignment added a paragraph of course leading
to whitespace one doesn't want in boxes.

Thanks, this was the kind of information I was missing.

So in some sense the goal is to allow horizontal alignment in parbox like can be done in makebox. It should actually be easy to have the makebox alignment case show on screen as WYSIWYM, I'll have a look at it.

As far as I understand the different boxes, it is possible to determine the
wanted behaviour automatically, so 3/ would be overkill IMHO. However, I am
pretty sure that the setting would depend on the box parameters, so some
research work is still needed.

Such a change would be a file format change (since it would change the
amount of whitespace of existing documents), however a different one than
489 which we were discussing before. Since nobody indicated interest in
working on this so far, and Uwe is abroad again, I think we should postpone
this. Unless somebody comes up with new information, or I get a veto by
Scott, I will implement solution 2) of my previous message tomorrow, i.e.
reverting the alignment handling in InsetBox.cpp (+ the corresponding
changes in the enable/disable GUI logic, which I forgot to mention in the

This is OK with me.