On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 7:13 AM, Scott Kostyshak <skost...@lyx.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 04:33:43PM +0200, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
>> Dear LyXers,
>>
>> I would like to have a beta release short after the feature-freeze.
>> During the beta and RC-cycle the docs will be updated because this
>> usually takes some weeks.
>
> Sounds good to me.

IMO, it sounds a bit weird to me to have a beta release short after a
feature freeze without considering the state of the codebase. I guess
you announce a feature freeze, after which all devs will focus on
improving the quality of the codebase until a certain level is reached
at which a beta can be released. A feature freeze is just meant to
bundle the devs' energy to focus on bugfixing and polishing existing
features, and to make sure that not one part of the devs are doing the
hard work on fixing bugs while the other half is introducing new ones.

>> - Will there be a code-freeze after that strings can still be changed?
>
> Is this what is normally done? I'm new at this.

I've actually no clue what is meant with a code freeze after that
strings an be changed ?

Vincent