On 2015-10-29, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 10:28:00PM +0000, Guenter Milde wrote:

>> > This does indeed sound tricky. Can you figure out the necessary items to
>> > condition on from BufferParams or is not everything stored in there?

>> It became a bit simpler after going through the alternatives:

>> In pseudo-code:

> I looked at the pseudo-code but since I don't know this code well it's
> not clear if you still need my help. If you have access to the buffer
> params (which my patch gave), is that enough? Can you test with the
> patch I posted before? Or is something else missing?

As my FIXME was wrong, so is your patch.
In principle, I may be able to use your patch and combine it with my
comments, but alas, I don't know this code either, nor do I know C++, so it
would take too much time and the result would not be clean and I'd rather
leave this to a more eligible person.

> In regards to "Dont forget to keep this check in sync with the check
> above!" this seems to be a good situation for a helper function in order
> to share code.

Maybe define a new setting/helper_function "inputenc package available"
in BufferParams.cpp?

Thanks,

Günter