Le 03/11/2015 08:27, PhilipPirrip a écrit :
On 11/02/2015 10:58 PM, Guillaume Munch wrote:
Pushed at f441590c. Windows/OSX users, please report if it does not work.

Hey Guillaume,
Bad news, it didn't work on Windows. Qt 4.8, VS2010, WinXP/VirtualBox
This was the error message:
lyx\src\frontends\qt4\GuiLog.cpp (207): Unable to open QUrl even though
dir exists!

I then added another slash to your code
QUrl qdir(toqstr(from_utf8("file:///" + dir.absFileName())),
               QUrl::StrictMode);
(by the example here http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/qdesktopservices.html#details)
and it WORKED!

On Linux, it worked with two AND three slashes: both Qt 4.8 and Qt 5.5;
Gnome 3.18, Fedora 23.

Thanks for the report and the extra step in testing. Please try again
with latest master.

If I may:  to me, "Open Containing Directory"  doesn't mean much. What
does the directory contain - the log shown above, the lyx document? How
about "Open Compilation Directory" (or Temporary / or Folder)?

It opens the directory containing the chosen log — there's really no
trap about it. So I think that "Open Containing Directory" is the
clearest about what is achieved.

LyX is (almost) consistent in using Directory instead of Folder.

What I find would be handy to have, since you've already been messing
around this code, is a button that would clear the temporary dir.  LyX
sometimes gets stuck with some old log and aux files, especially after
an error in compilation, and the only way to get rid of the error
messages is to make a dummy change or reopen the document.

I think that there are already bug reports about this and I am not sure
that an additional button is the best solution. But, for very specific
usages, thanks the the new button, you can now open the directory, do
Ctrl+A and then delete…