On Tue, Nov 03, 2015 at 03:45:03PM +0000, Guillaume Munch wrote:
> Le 03/11/2015 08:27, PhilipPirrip a écrit :
> >On 11/02/2015 10:58 PM, Guillaume Munch wrote:
> >>Pushed at f441590c. Windows/OSX users, please report if it does not work.
> >
> >Hey Guillaume,
> >Bad news, it didn't work on Windows. Qt 4.8, VS2010, WinXP/VirtualBox
> >This was the error message:
> >lyx\src\frontends\qt4\GuiLog.cpp (207): Unable to open QUrl even though
> >dir exists!
> >

> >I then added another slash to your code
> >QUrl qdir(toqstr(from_utf8("file:///" + dir.absFileName())),
> >               QUrl::StrictMode);
> >(by the example here http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/qdesktopservices.html#details)
> >and it WORKED!
> >

> >On Linux, it worked with two AND three slashes: both Qt 4.8 and Qt 5.5;
> >Gnome 3.18, Fedora 23.
>

> Thanks for the report and the extra step in testing. Please try again
> with latest master.
>

> >If I may:  to me, "Open Containing Directory"  doesn't mean much. What
> >does the directory contain - the log shown above, the lyx document? How
> >about "Open Compilation Directory" (or Temporary / or Folder)?
>
> It opens the directory containing the chosen log — there's really no
> trap about it. So I think that "Open Containing Directory" is the
> clearest about what is achieved.
>
> LyX is (almost) consistent in using Directory instead of Folder.
>

> >What I find would be handy to have, since you've already been messing
> >around this code, is a button that would clear the temporary dir.  LyX
> >sometimes gets stuck with some old log and aux files, especially after
> >an error in compilation, and the only way to get rid of the error
> >messages is to make a dummy change or reopen the document.
> >

> I think that there are already bug reports about this and I am not sure
> that an additional button is the best solution. But, for very specific
> usages, thanks the the new button, you can now open the directory, do
> Ctrl+A and then delete…

I also think there are bug reports about it. I think it is a reasonable
request, but I think that it is separate from this topic, although I
agree that you could use Guillaume's button to achieve what you want.

Also, even though I do support your feature request, it would be great
if you could make bug reports with reproducible examples so that we
could fix the bugs at the source.

Scott