Uwe Stöhr wrote:

> Am 28.11.2015 um 06:06 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:
>
>>> The reason is that Scott did only change yesterday the file format
>>> number but did not run lyx2lyx. However, it only happens once here.

I hope that nobody ever does this for official documents.

http://www.lyx.org/trac/changeset/b264176041696489d577ecf7df9bfcf109d31922/lyxgit#file2

> there should not be these changes in the Spanish version:
>
> - correo de Documentación de \SpecialCharNoPassThru LyX
> + correo de Documentación de \SpecialChar LyX
>
> This change is done by lyx2lyx but it seems that lyx2lyx was not run on
> all files or that there is a mistake in the script you run.

These changes are done by LyX, not lyx2lyx. LyX does this when it opens a
file that has been converted by lyx2lyx to version 482 or later before, but
was never saved by LyX after that conversion. The reason is that lyx2lx does
not have the needed knowledge to do the complete conversion 481->482, so it
outputs "\SpecialCharNoPassThru LyX", and LyX changes this either to
"\SpecialChar LyX" or "LyX", depending on the context.

Georg