Am 29.11.2015 um 13:01 schrieb Georg Baum:

These changes are done by LyX, not lyx2lyx. LyX does this when it opens a
file that has been converted by lyx2lyx to version 482 or later before, but
was never saved by LyX after that conversion. The reason is that lyx2lx does
not have the needed knowledge to do the complete conversion 481->482, so it
outputs "\SpecialCharNoPassThru LyX", and LyX changes this either to
"\SpecialChar LyX" or "LyX", depending on the context.

Thanks for this info. I was wondering about this for a while. I think that we should nevertheless save all files with the current LyX alpha2 because people might wonder why official LyX files are changed while they are e.g. only Save As somewhere.

regards Uwe