Le 10/01/2016 21:11, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes a écrit :
Le 08/01/16 23:05, Guillaume Munch a écrit :
I agree that the current situation regarding \output_change and
\tracking_change is bad and should be fixed. I gave what I think is the
proper solution, taking into account the debate that was on the list.
The patch is very simple (see the earlier message:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.editors.lyx.devel/159493 and:
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9841). Now what we would need for such a
change is if developers who took part in the discussion looked and say:
yes, this is the proper solution. I do not see this happening right now.
Then, what is a proper solution? You want a file format increase +
lyx2lyx + tex2lyx changes? I am more familiar with format increase now
so it's easier for me, although: 1) please not while I have another
format change pending because these things do not rebase very well, and
2) I will need help for tex2lyx. Another solution is to revert as I have
suggested.

Some questions on the second patch:
1/ can OUTPUT_CHANGES be toggled for a read-only document if user prefs
are not stored?

No. Currently one cannot enable "output changes" on a
read-only document (on 2.1.5dev). If you think that this is a bug, then
it is separate from what is being achieved with the patch. I do not
think that store_user_prefs should be have anything to do with the
possibility of enabling output_changes on a read-only document.

2/ when prefs are not stored, they are replaced by "false". Will this
always make sense to users? This is just a question that popped up in my
head, since we say "do not store" but something is actually stored.
It might just be a matter of wording of the option, actually.

For the two settings under consideration this makes sense, however the
long-term idea is to store as a per-user-per-document setting, local to
the machine (like the cursor location on opening). Hence the phrasing
"do not store *to file*".

I had a look at the implementation of per-user-per-document settings and
it has to be enhanced before being used in this manner, so for the
moment we still read the value from the lyx file.

Guillaume