Le 12/01/2016 02:23, Pavel Sanda a écrit :
Guillaume Munch wrote:
I understand this idea of "freezing" the setting, in order to set a
custom value on opening. The current approach I have in mind is to read
and save to a per-user-per-document (cursor-location-like) setting when
save_user_preferences is false, so that the value on opening corresponds
to the user's previous session. The two approaches are in conflict, so
one has to choose between the two.

Yep, that's basically the same conflict which started the whole issue
("choosing a setting for everybody else"). You know my opinion about the
issue, but since you are the one who implements it and there is indeed
partial overlap with "\save_user_preferences true" go ahead :)

Cosmetic thing - the naming "save_user_preferences" is confusing precisely
because there are diverging opinions what user vs document pref is
so maybe using for file format something like vcs_simplify_format
or similar would be better.

Thanks.

I am not convinced by the naming vcs_simplify_format but maybe there are
other suggestions? What about save_transient_properties or save_state ?
I would rather avoid a name that refers to a particular purpose rather
than the actual effect.

Scott, do you sum up all these messages as a "+1", as you say?