Scott Kostyshak wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 09:08:50PM +0200, Georg Baum wrote:
>
>> PS: Since RC is "Release candidate" we should IMHO only allow really
>> critical bug fixes between RC1 and 2.2.0 final. In particular I think we
>> should not do a RC2.
>
> I think I mostly agree, although I would take off the qualifier "really"
> for critical bugs. Also I think patches that fix regressions, even if
> they are not critical regressions, should also be allowed in. What are
> your thoughts on patches that fix non-critical regressions? (or perhaps
> a regression falls under your category of "really critical" by
> definition?)

No, not all regressions are critical (e.g. if a workaround exists and the
regression is not in an important feature.) My rule of thumb would be to
allow patches that do only local code changes (i.e. could only break the
feature that has the regression anyway), and patches that change more
central code only if the regression is important.

Georg