On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 12:04 PM, mn <mno...@gmx.net> wrote:

> The UserGuide currently is a real trouble maker.
>
> This is likely not the fault of LyX or LaTeX.
>
> Nevertheless, this is confirmed to happen – not on all but – on the
> clear majority of macOS Sierra systems tested. The bug has to lay within
> Sierra.
>
> So at least this is a heads up.
> Default PDF export on 10.12.6 opened in default PDF viewer Preview.app
> is likely fail.
>
> greetings
> Mike

All,

I can confirm strange behavior on macOS 10.12.5 with LyX 2.2.3.  Steps to
reproduce:

   1. Launch LyX 2.2.3
   2. Open User's Guide from Help Menu
   3. Render
      - All pages will be white (no text shown).  I do not see
      beachballing, but the PDF is useless.
      4. New Document
   5. Type "test"
   6. Render
      - The text in the PDF is not vector, but very low res raster
      7. Quit LyX & Preview
   8. Launch LyX 2.2.3
   9. Type "test"
   10. Render