On 2017-08-27, Joel Kulesza wrote:

> [-- Type: text/plain, Encoding: quoted-printable --]

> On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 12:04 PM, mn <mno...@gmx.net> wrote:

>> The UserGuide currently is a real trouble maker.

Can you have a look at the used fonts in this document?

> I can confirm strange behavior on macOS 10.12.5 with LyX 2.2.3.  Steps to
> reproduce:

>    1. Launch LyX 2.2.3
>    2. Open User's Guide from Help Menu
>    3. Render
>       - All pages will be white (no text shown).  I do not see
>       beachballing, but the PDF is useless.

Is there an error message or warning from LaTeX?
What fonts are used (eventually paste the LaTeX log)

>    4. New Document
>    5. Type "test"
>    6. Render
>       - The text in the PDF is not vector, but very low res raster

I am not sure about "low res", but raster is expected:
This is the normal behaviour of LyX for ages. See
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/7334
and http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9741.
As a first step in every LyX setup I recommend to
set Document>Settings>Fonts>Roman to LatinModern in the default template.

>    8. Launch LyX 2.2.3
>    9. Type "test"
>    10. Render
>       - The text in the PDF is vector.

Maybe you already changed the font default in this version?

Günter