> I actually have another problem/request: we need to share management of
buttons
> between the controller and the dialog.
>
> for exapmle, the citation dialog has "Add" "Remove" buttons which obviously
should be
> disabled when readonly etc. Unfortunately the dialog also has some say in
when they
> should be enabled. Currently in the kde frontend (well when I commit) I am
doing, essentially :

>       bc().valid(form_->add(bla...));
>       form_->updateButton();
>
> after every bc().operation.

I think that this is exactly what Kalle was talking about this morning, no?

Why not just not pass this operation though the (button) controller at all.
Ie, this is a "manipulation" rather than an "input". The Apply/Ok buttons
will not change state, so cheat because the ButtonController isn't really
sophisticated enough to deal with this case cleanly.

A.