I don't think this is a very good category name. Also I think that
these are all sorts of "lists" that can be grouped together. In German,
we have the general term "Verzeichnisse" which perfectly fits them all
(TOC is "Inhaltsverzeichnis", Bibliography "Literaturverzeichnis", List
of Figure "Abbildungsverzeichnis", Index "Stichwortverzeichnis"). It is
too bad that English (apparently due to some historical contingencies)
distinguishes "lists", "tables" etc. So we need this rather crude entry
for English.

However, I do not think that we should structure the menu based on
English semantics.

Jürgen

I agree that current state of menu is better where these items are grouped. Also TOC is very common at the end of the books in Russian and nomenclatures -- at the front.

But I agree with another Andrew's proposition:

I realise this adds another item to a long Insert menu, but an overall shrinkage by one follows if
"Footnote" and "Marginal Note" are included under "Note".

The Insert menu is really long and already caused some inconveniences for me on smaller screens. Also these items ("Footnote" and "Marginal Note") can be separated by line from the rest in the Note submenu.

Yuriy