On 1/26/21 1:50 PM, Yuriy Skalko wrote:
But I agree with another Andrew's proposition:

I realise this adds another item to a long Insert menu, but an overall shrinkage by one follows if "Footnote" and "Marginal Note" are included under "Note".

The Insert menu is really long and already caused some inconveniences for me on smaller screens. Also these items ("Footnote" and "Marginal Note") can be separated by line from the rest in the Note submenu.

I would think Marginal Notes could certainly go with notes. But footnotes are so common, at least in academic writing, that I'd be reluctant to move them another keystroke away.

Riki