On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 09:13:35AM +0200, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> That is not a bug, it is a feature.
>
> tex-mode is dead. Long live '666'

I have to say that I don't like it.
For example, suppose I want to have \foo{$x$}.
Previously, I could do ctrl+l \foo{ ctrl+m x <escape> } ctrl+l
Now, I need to do (assuming ctrl+l is bound to ert-insert)
Namely two more keypresses. But this is only a minor issue.

The more important problem is the display on screen:
Previously, it was
   Some text \foo{x} some text
Now, either the ert-insert are closed, so I can't tell what the command is,
or the display is

   Some       text    % Note the huge space
  +---------------+
  | \foo{         |
  +---------------+
  +---------------+
  | }             |
  +---------------+
  some text.

This is very annoying!

Possible solutions to this problem are:
1. When the inset is closed, the label is the first few char of the inset
contents.

or

2. When the inset is opened and it contains less than one line, draw the inset
   as inline:

Some text |ERT|\foo{| x |ERT|}| some text

Considering this problem and the problem with literate document, I suggest
reenabling tex-mode and removing it after 1.2.0.